Its Friday!!! That means another installment of Five Question Friday. As always, feel free to answer the questions for yourself in the comments below.
1. What do you appreciate most about your children’s Dad? He is so patient, caring, kind, funny, and tries to do all he can to help me out around the house (which is a lot these days).
2. Do you always wear your seat belt? YES!! I spent 5+ years working in a traumatic brain injury rehabilitation facility and have seen what happens to those who don’t. I even wear it if I’m in the back seat. Everyone please buckle up…ALWAYS.
3. Do you dream and do you remember them? not really. I have had a few dreams where I remember a very small piece of it, but not the whole thing. And they are always very random.
4. What is one thing you swore you’d never let your kids do before having them, that you have now changed your ways about? Baby is not born yet, so I’ll have to get back to you on that next year.
5. If you could be granted one wish, what would it be? just one???? well I guess it would be for my husband to have a better paying job with better hours, so that we could afford for me to stay home and raise our baby, in a house that we could buy (i guess that’s 2 wishes rolled into 1).
Are unexpected gifts better than expected ones? Should we do away with one or the other?
Today my husband surprised me with a new sticker of my favorite football team to put on my car, to replace the very tattered and faded one currently on it. And because my car was super dirty, he even gave me money to take it to the car wash (he was on his way to go to work for the afternoon/night shift so he couldn’t do it himself). Why did he do this?…..just because! Because he loves me and likes to see me happy. It was a very simple but very sweet gesture from him to show me he was thinking of me and loves me. And that meant more to me than some planned or expected gift that you receive on a birthday, anniversary, holiday, etc. Now, don’t get me wrong, I think gifts are nice on those days/occasions as well, but if I really stop and think about it, I don’t think those hold quite the same meaning, because they are expected. I love when the gift-giver puts a lot of thought into those gifts, with sentimental reasons behind it, but deep down, those unexpected, little gifts out of the blue, catch you off guard and really make you appreciate them more.
What are your thoughts on gifts, expected versus unexpected ones? What was the most thoughtful gift you have given or received unexpectedly so far this year?
One year ago today I received one of the best gifts …..the gift of sight! I was terrified at the possibility that something could go wrong with my surgery, and yes I had some bad complications and suffered for a few weeks, but now my vision is so good and I no longer need those super strong contacts or glasses and can see everything the moment I open I my eyes. I am so grateful to have been able to have this procedure for so many reasons. It will be so amazing especially with a baby on the way that when he/she wakes up several times during the night, I can immediately SEE him/her and take care of him/her without feeling around for my glasses or trying to fiddle with putting in contact lenses. Despite all the complications I had, I would so do this again, and almost wish I had done it many years ago.
Going to make sure to look at everything today with eyes wide open, thanking God for the beauty all around me.
What gift are you most thankful for lately?
How did 3 months + go by without me posting??? Well I think it was because I got sick for 3 weeks straight with the nastiest sinus infection ever and found out I was pregnant at the same time. see here’s proof:
I’m now 4 months preggo and feeling great! and hopefully back into some writing. With that, lets start with the latest edition of Five Question Friday, hosted by MyLittleLife.
1. Do you wake before the alarm or stay in bed until the last possible second? I stay in bed til the last possible second. I actually hit snooze 3-4 times. I am so NOT a morning person.
2. Who should get a baby shower? Is it just the first baby or all babies? ME I think for sure with the first baby, and then maybe what they call a “sprinkle” for subsequent children, where its a small get together to celebrate the upcoming baby.
3. How will you spend Memorial Day? With my in-laws, having a get together and have one of the brother in-laws in from Indiana.
4. Do you have a Storm/Hurricane/Tornado/Fire plan for your kids, house..? No plan. My apartment is small enough that no plan is needed. I do have emergency kits in the apartment and car. And my work place is all about emergency preparedness so we have occasional drills and all sorts of equipment and supplies.
5. What is your favorite morning drink? I love coffee, but since I’m pregnant, I can’t have any. My morning drink is water for now.
Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and remember to thank everyone you know who has ever served or is currently serving our country.
TGIF! Today I’ll be going on a weekend getaway with the girls and is the first time I’ll be leaving the hubby. I soooo need a break after the last few weeks of craziness with work, but I will miss him. I’ve left him lots of food so I know he will be ok. But before I go, I wanted to leave you with the weekly Five Question Friday As always, feel free to answer the questions for yourself in the comment box.
1. What is a hobby you would love to learn and why?
PHOTOGRAPHY! It has always been a love of mine. I took a basic class in high school and have been always found myself taking tons of pictures wherever I go. So I decided to do something about it, and am now in my third semester of photography school. Loving it and am learning so much.
2. What do you wish you could have delivered to your house but does not deliver?
GROCERIES!! I hate going to the market and having to look for things or deal with crowds of people and long lines. I always end up getting more than what I need or what’s on my list. This would help me avoid the crowds and lines, and stay on track and within my budget.
3. What’s your favorite snow day activity? Inside and out?
inside would be sipping hot chocolate and watching movies, snuggled up on the couch with my hubby. outside would be sledding.
4. Would you meet a stranger from an Internet dating site?
YES! and I sure did marry him.
5. If you had to spend 35 hours in a car with 4 other people, who would you choose?
No children! lol. I would want one or two people who actually liked driving and were good at it and didn’t scare me with their driving; someone who was a good conversationalist; and my hubby.
On Monday, the hubby and I took advantage of having the day off (due to President’s Day) and the beautiful weather and headed to the LA Zoo, with his sister and her hubby and kids. I have been wanting to go for a long time now, and had to get some pictures for my photography class, and wanted a fun way to enjoy the beautiful day by spending time with family and celebrating our 6-month wedding anniversary all in one! Plus, since we haven’t received any notifications from the Date Night Challenge, we turned this into our monthly fun date activity.
We don’t have any kids yet, so I enjoy every minute we can spend with any of our 18 nieces and nephews. That day was just 2 of them, an almost 5 year old and a 1 year old. It is so fun to see the world through the eyes of children, the way they question things, look at things, how their eyes light up, how inquisitive they are, everything about them. And the boys were very well behaved and lasted right up until the end. When we were walking out, they passed out before getting to the gate.
How did you spend your last day off?