Its Friday!!! That means another installment of Five Question Friday. As always, feel free to answer the questions for yourself in the comments below.
1. What do you appreciate most about your children’s Dad? He is so patient, caring, kind, funny, and tries to do all he can to help me out around the house (which is a lot these days).
2. Do you always wear your seat belt? YES!! I spent 5+ years working in a traumatic brain injury rehabilitation facility and have seen what happens to those who don’t. I even wear it if I’m in the back seat. Everyone please buckle up…ALWAYS.
3. Do you dream and do you remember them? not really. I have had a few dreams where I remember a very small piece of it, but not the whole thing. And they are always very random.
4. What is one thing you swore you’d never let your kids do before having them, that you have now changed your ways about? Baby is not born yet, so I’ll have to get back to you on that next year.
5. If you could be granted one wish, what would it be? just one???? well I guess it would be for my husband to have a better paying job with better hours, so that we could afford for me to stay home and raise our baby, in a house that we could buy (i guess that’s 2 wishes rolled into 1).
Are unexpected gifts better than expected ones? Should we do away with one or the other?
Today my husband surprised me with a new sticker of my favorite football team to put on my car, to replace the very tattered and faded one currently on it. And because my car was super dirty, he even gave me money to take it to the car wash (he was on his way to go to work for the afternoon/night shift so he couldn’t do it himself). Why did he do this?…..just because! Because he loves me and likes to see me happy. It was a very simple but very sweet gesture from him to show me he was thinking of me and loves me. And that meant more to me than some planned or expected gift that you receive on a birthday, anniversary, holiday, etc. Now, don’t get me wrong, I think gifts are nice on those days/occasions as well, but if I really stop and think about it, I don’t think those hold quite the same meaning, because they are expected. I love when the gift-giver puts a lot of thought into those gifts, with sentimental reasons behind it, but deep down, those unexpected, little gifts out of the blue, catch you off guard and really make you appreciate them more.
What are your thoughts on gifts, expected versus unexpected ones? What was the most thoughtful gift you have given or received unexpectedly so far this year?