For those of us participating in the PostADay2011 Challenge, we are just wrapping up our 2nd month, with 10 left to go.
Like last month, I managed to post basically every day, I think only missing one or two. I wrote 2 more poems, and posted a letter I had written en route to visit my grandfather, who was dying of cancer. I joined a few more challenges, such as the Thursday Photo Challenge, the Word Press Weekly Photo Challenge, and the Random Blog 2011 Challenge, and have met even more new people and interesting blogs that I have subscribed to.
I think my biggest accomplishment this month was reaching my 100th post! I also had one day where I had 101 blog views :), and another day I came close with 94!
What are your thoughts so far with this challenge (or any other challenge you are participating in)? Are you enjoying it? What have you accomplished this month? What works best for you to keep up with your blog? Do you have any tips/strategies you could share?
- 1 down, 11 to go (staceyarcher.wordpress.com)
1. an extremely plentiful or over-sufficient quantity or supply: an abundance of grain.
2. overflowing fullness: abundance of the heart.
3. affluence; wealth: the enjoyment of abundance.
4. Physics, Chemistry . the number of atoms of one isotope of an element divided by the total number of atoms in a mixtureof the isotopes.
The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much it is whether we provide enough for those who have little.
Franklin D. Roosevelt
To see my previous weeks submissions for the WordPress Weekly Photo Challenge, click on the topics below:
Just a couple of days ago, I celebrated my 100th blog post. It has been less than a year since I started blogging and I really do feel like I have accomplished more that I had thought, and that my writing skills have improved. I’m not sure that I would go so far as to say that writing is my favorite way to express my creativity, but it is getting up there. I think my first choice would be through photography, which I hope is evident by looking at some of the various pictures I have put up throughout my blog posts. I love being able to take a person or object or something from nature and capturing it from various angles, and then also using photo editing to enhance it further, if needed. My love for photography has also led me down the path of scrapbooking and digital photobooks for a time. I have had numerous gifts made for others using photos I have taken and am currently involved in another photography gift-making project.
Another way I express my creativity is with decoration/designing. I love to help friends select paint colors for their homes, or help them recreate a space in their home, and if we get to work on some kind of crafty project in the mean time, that is really fun for me too. Last year I had the opportunity to take in my old engagement ring and wedding ring to a local jeweler and I designed a whole new ring, using the diamonds from both of the old rings. It was so neat to take something and turn it into something completely different and unique, knowing I designed it.
My third way I express creativity is with my cooking. I am a self-taught cook. My parents were not the best cooks, and my mother preferred her food on the bland side. I have watched cooking shows, perused cookbooks, gathered recipes off of the internet to start, and then would always add my own things to recipes, or would just make something up from scratch. It is often a trial-and-error approach, that most of the time turns out well. Just don’t ask me for the exact recipe, because it can often fluctuate 🙂
What are your favorite ways to express your creativity?
Rules for Five Question Friday
: Copy and paste the following questions to your blog post, answer them, then link up at My Little Life’s blog
! You can also link back to my blog so I can share in this with you 🙂 And, most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
1. Can you drive a stick shift?
I actually learned how to drive using a stick shift. Every car I have owned has been a stick shift. I can tell you that after almost 17 years, I am tired of driving a stick shift, especially in LA traffic. When I get my next car in 2 months, it better be an automatic!
2. What are two foods you just can’t eat? Mushrooms and sausage. Why? Because I am allergic to them both.
3. Do you buy Girl Scout Cookies? What is your favorite kind?
I LOVE Girl Scout Cookies. I think they are loaded with some secret ingredient that makes you get hooked on them. My favorites are the Thin Mints and the Samoa’s.
4. How do you pamper yourself? I love going to get pedicures, a facial and massage, and getting my makeup professionally done. Gosh that sounds really girly.
5. What is your nickname and how did you get it? I’ve had a few nicknames…but only 2 I will share with you. The first, Archie, is a derivative of my last name. The second one, Cheese, was given to me by my sister, and only she calls me that (well, occasionally my mom does, but she has another name for me). Neither of us can remember exactly why she gave me that nickname, but I think it has something to do with my love for cheese, and my body’s lack of love for anything dairy, as I am lactose intolerant.
My sister and I (2007)
Now its your turn to answer. Don’t forget to link back here and at My Little Life. Or leave your answers in my comments section. Have a great Friday!