Well yesterday I decided (finally) to take the plunge and commit myself to going back to school. But it’s not school in the sense that most of you are thinking. I will be going to photography school, in the evenings and weekends, around my regular work schedule. Classes start March 19th and the semester is through mid-June. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. My short term goal is just to further develop my photography skills and gain some knowledge about DSLR camera’s and ultimately purchase one. My longer term goal is to turn this hobby into a part-time, side business. While I would love for your support and encouragement on my new journey, I would REALLY love your HELP. First, any suggestions of what DSLR camera to get to start off with, would be appreciated. Second, I need to develop a name for my (eventual) photography business and would love any and all suggestions on what to call it. I would like to have some part of my name (Stacey Archer) incorporated somehow, but it’s not a necessity. Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments section. And if you have never seen my photography before, you can scroll through the blog, or you can go over the right side of the blog, find the words Mile Markers, and click on the link called Photography and the link called Weekly Photo Challenge, which will take you to all posts that I have tagged regarding my photography. Thanks again for any input you can offer.
Monthly Archives: February 2012
Happy Friday! Here’s the latest installment of 5QF brought to you by FiveCrookedHalos.
1. What’s your favorite way to spend down time (alone or with a significant other)? I love to cuddle up on the couch or in bed, watching a movie.
2. Are you the kind of person that wants things more as soon as you know you can’t have it? YES…and I think about it all the time and try to see if there is a way I can get it.
3. If you were given $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy? I’m sure I would find some things I have wanted at the Coach store and of course, some SHOES! I do want to go on vacation, so I might spend it on a little get-away with my man.
4. Do you ever go out to eat by yourself? Yes, but I prefer to go with someone.
5. What company would you want to do a blog review for? Canon, Nikon, Apple, Coach, kitchen products, anywhere that has awesome products, that gives you the product to keep…hint, hint to those companies 😉
- 2-3 zucchinis
- 3 roma tomatoes (2 to add to food processor, 1 sliced thinly)
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp Ms. Dash Italian seasoning
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- preheat oven to 350
- slice zucchini in half lengthwise
- scoop out center, add to food processor
- add pepper, garlic, seasoning, onions and 2 tomatoes to food processor to mix with the zucchini
- fill the zucchini boats with the mixture
- bake for 20 minutes
- top zucchini boats with the shredded cheese and slices of tomato and bake for additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted and about to brown
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup chopped green tomato
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 finely chopped jalepeno
- 2 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon (reduced sodium) Old Bay seasoning
- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup mixed salad greens or shredded cabbage
2. To prepare tacos, preheat broiler.
3. Place fish on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle fish evenly with seasoning. Broil 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness.
4. Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat tortillas with cooking spray. Add the tortillas to pan, 1 at a time; cook 1 minute on each side or until lightly toasted. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; top each taco with 1/4 cup greens and 1/4 cup salsa. Serve immediately.
It’s time for the next installment of 5QF, as hosted by FiveCrookedHalos. Feel free to comment with your answers or do your own blog post.
1. What do you do when you are really upset to calm yourself down? I think it depends on the situation and the how upset I am. If it’s nothing super serious, just talking it out with someone helps. But if it’s something more serious, or that I’m really upset about, I will cry, take a bath or go for a drive. Usually, some retail therapy involving a purchase of some new shoes, makeup or clothes does the trick.
2. Do you go all out for V-day or is it just another day? This year was the BEST V-day EVER! My man and I went out for a fancy date. We got all dressed up; he actually wore a tie, with his dress shirt, dress pants and sweater, while I donned my new shimmery gold, one shoulder dress and my awesome sparkly gold shoes (see the pic of the shoes here). But earlier in the day, he sent me a beautiful bouquet of red tulips to my work. Our dinner was amazing! The food was delicious and it was foods that I rarely ever get to have (I had the rack of lamb). When we got back to my place, he surprised me yet again with a red Coach cell phone holder/mini wristlet. He understands my love of Coach and also red being my favorite color. But all that aside, it was just great to be able to spend time with him, enjoying his company and knowing how thoughtful and caring he is. I got him gifts too, and tried to be as thoughtful and creative with them as he was.
3. Are you more or less productive when Hubs is away? I don’t have a Hubs. I think I am pretty productive most of the time.
4. What is your favorite time of day and why? Does bed-time count? I would say I’m at my best around lunchtime until about 3:00pm. I am NOT a morning person, and then around 3:00 I tend to hit my wall, and would love to just nap or relax to get a second wind.
5. What is your go to karaoke song? I don’t sing karaoke…ever…unless I’ve been drinking and I’m singing with multiple people..so then it would be whatever the group is singing. I think the last time I sang Karaoke was to the song Love Shack by the B52’s.
As Valentine’s Day is celebrated today, we really should show love each and every day. For some people, showing love comes easy, and for others, we need a little reminder. I came across this and thought it is a great reminder for all of us:
Also, people have different ways of giving and receiving love. It is referred to as your Love Language. I did a post last year about it, which you can read HERE.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you all, and may you experience love every day.