Happy Friday! I’m so glad it’s the weekend. And here in Southern California, it is supposed to be a nice, warm weekend…I might even make it to the beach ….we’ll see. Now on to today’s edition of Five Question Friday. As always, feel free to play along by answering the questions in the comments or in your own post.
1. Do you swim in the winter? I rarely swim ever. I know how to swim, and the apartment complex I live in has 2 pools, but I have yet to use them. Maybe if it was winter and I went to some exotic location that was very warm, I would swim.
2. Do you love or hate winter? I don’t love it, and I don’t hate it. I like that the temperature is mild, for me anyways. I used to hate winter when I lived in NY, it was sooooo freezing and I hated shoveling snow, and was not a huge fan of winter sports. But now that I live in Southern California, winters here are in the 50’s, though this year, they have been in the 60’s to 80’s. It rains occasionally, and I like the rain. And when I look in the distance to the mountains, I can see them capped in white snow and marvel at how pretty it looks, and how I don’t have to be IN the snow.
3. Do you put makeup/actual clothes on when you know you’re going to be home all day with just family? I live with a roommate, not family. On day’s when I’m home all day, usually I will put on clothes but often skip the makeup. It’s nice giving myself a break and not feeling like I have to get all dolled up.
4. How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage? I’m sure I had a sip or two of my parent’s beer when I was younger. The first time I got drunk was in 7th grade. It was accidental, of course, but I will not forget it. Let’s just say don’t let kids and adults go to the same party and drink the same punch that the adults poured a bunch of alcohol into, that the kids didn’t know about, and the adults didn’t know we were drinking.
5. How many ill calls in a 12 month period do you think are acceptable? That’s tough. I called out sick yesterday, for a legit reason (I’ll blog about that soon). Most of the time, when I call out, it is for a valid, sick reason. But I also think people need to have a Mental Health day sometimes, especially if you have a stressful job. I personally don’t take advantage of calling out sick, and only do it when needed. Last year I know I was out a lot more than usual due to my back issues, but I think in total it was 9-10 days.
Have a great Friday everyone!