Happy Friday everyone. This week has been pretty crazy for me, lots of emotional stress from work. But TGIF right! Here’s todays questions for Five Question Friday. Feel free to answer in the comments.
1. What is one thing you have too many of in your house? My husband will say I have too many clothes or shoes. I don’t agree or disagree with him 😉
2. Did anything go not quite as planned on your wedding day? Well we got married in the Bahamas. The weather had been amazing the days leading up to the wedding. Then the night before was a complete downpour and it was still raining up until about 1 1/2 hours before the ceremony started, which was outside on the beach. I had to be careful to avoid a few puddles, but otherwise the weather held off and it was beautiful outside. I did have a total hair disaster as soon as the stylist left. But they were able to track him down and he fixed it, outside, right before I went down the aisle.
3. What is your favorite summer smoothie recipe? anything with strawberries or mango in it.
4. What is the weather like where you are? HOT ….as in triple digits…..so not fun when you’re pregnant.
5. What is your favorite book to read to your kids? Don’t know yet. We have received 2 Dr. Seuss books and are asking for people to bring books to the baby shower, so we will have to see. I can’t wait to read to our son.
Yay, Five Question Friday is back. Our hostess was on vacation and just plain ol’ busy the last couple of Fridays so there hadn’t been any questions. But she’s back, and here is today’s installment. As always, please feel free to answer the questions in the comments.
1. Would you rather pay for house cleaner or spa day? Right now I would say Spa Day!! Being preggo, it would be nice to be pampered all day and just relax and enjoy myself before the little one makes his debut. Plus I have an amazing husband who helps me a LOT with cleaning the apartment.
2. Who plans what gifts you get for holidays, you or your spouse? We both do. I think it depends on who the gift is for. If it’s someone on his side of the family, he knows them better. But we try to do it together.
3. How many hours of sleep do you get? Do you need more? I try to get 7-8 but it is interrupted by at least 2-3 trips to the bathroom every night. I would love to have one night of uninterrupted sleep. Guess it’s just preparation for my little one.
4. Do you like your hair long or short? My hair looks best long. It is so thick that if it was short it would look like a helmet or mushroom head. I did have it really really short once, but had to get it cut every 2 weeks! thank god my friend was a hair dresser and wouldn’t charge me. It looked so horrible growing out and seemed to take forever.
5. When was the last time you were pulled over and what was it for? I honestly can’t remember. I think it was back in 1999 or 2000 when my car was having issues (smoke kept coming out of the back end) so the cop stopped me to see what was wrong. I did get a ticket in 2007 but was already stopped. That was for stopping in the bus lane at the airport to pick up my young teenage client and was “right there” and we had no idea where else to go.
Have a great Friday!!
Its Friday!!! That means another installment of Five Question Friday. As always, feel free to answer the questions for yourself in the comments below.
1. What do you appreciate most about your children’s Dad? He is so patient, caring, kind, funny, and tries to do all he can to help me out around the house (which is a lot these days).
2. Do you always wear your seat belt? YES!! I spent 5+ years working in a traumatic brain injury rehabilitation facility and have seen what happens to those who don’t. I even wear it if I’m in the back seat. Everyone please buckle up…ALWAYS.
3. Do you dream and do you remember them? not really. I have had a few dreams where I remember a very small piece of it, but not the whole thing. And they are always very random.
4. What is one thing you swore you’d never let your kids do before having them, that you have now changed your ways about? Baby is not born yet, so I’ll have to get back to you on that next year.
5. If you could be granted one wish, what would it be? just one???? well I guess it would be for my husband to have a better paying job with better hours, so that we could afford for me to stay home and raise our baby, in a house that we could buy (i guess that’s 2 wishes rolled into 1).
Are unexpected gifts better than expected ones? Should we do away with one or the other?
Today my husband surprised me with a new sticker of my favorite football team to put on my car, to replace the very tattered and faded one currently on it. And because my car was super dirty, he even gave me money to take it to the car wash (he was on his way to go to work for the afternoon/night shift so he couldn’t do it himself). Why did he do this?…..just because! Because he loves me and likes to see me happy. It was a very simple but very sweet gesture from him to show me he was thinking of me and loves me. And that meant more to me than some planned or expected gift that you receive on a birthday, anniversary, holiday, etc. Now, don’t get me wrong, I think gifts are nice on those days/occasions as well, but if I really stop and think about it, I don’t think those hold quite the same meaning, because they are expected. I love when the gift-giver puts a lot of thought into those gifts, with sentimental reasons behind it, but deep down, those unexpected, little gifts out of the blue, catch you off guard and really make you appreciate them more.
What are your thoughts on gifts, expected versus unexpected ones? What was the most thoughtful gift you have given or received unexpectedly so far this year?
One year ago today I received one of the best gifts …..the gift of sight! I was terrified at the possibility that something could go wrong with my surgery, and yes I had some bad complications and suffered for a few weeks, but now my vision is so good and I no longer need those super strong contacts or glasses and can see everything the moment I open I my eyes. I am so grateful to have been able to have this procedure for so many reasons. It will be so amazing especially with a baby on the way that when he/she wakes up several times during the night, I can immediately SEE him/her and take care of him/her without feeling around for my glasses or trying to fiddle with putting in contact lenses. Despite all the complications I had, I would so do this again, and almost wish I had done it many years ago.
Going to make sure to look at everything today with eyes wide open, thanking God for the beauty all around me.
What gift are you most thankful for lately?
How did 3 months + go by without me posting??? Well I think it was because I got sick for 3 weeks straight with the nastiest sinus infection ever and found out I was pregnant at the same time. see here’s proof:
I’m now 4 months preggo and feeling great! and hopefully back into some writing. With that, lets start with the latest edition of Five Question Friday, hosted by MyLittleLife.
1. Do you wake before the alarm or stay in bed until the last possible second? I stay in bed til the last possible second. I actually hit snooze 3-4 times. I am so NOT a morning person.
2. Who should get a baby shower? Is it just the first baby or all babies? ME 🙂 I think for sure with the first baby, and then maybe what they call a “sprinkle” for subsequent children, where its a small get together to celebrate the upcoming baby.
3. How will you spend Memorial Day? With my in-laws, having a get together and have one of the brother in-laws in from Indiana.
4. Do you have a Storm/Hurricane/Tornado/Fire plan for your kids, house..? No plan. My apartment is small enough that no plan is needed. I do have emergency kits in the apartment and car. And my work place is all about emergency preparedness so we have occasional drills and all sorts of equipment and supplies.
5. What is your favorite morning drink? I love coffee, but since I’m pregnant, I can’t have any. My morning drink is water for now.
Hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and remember to thank everyone you know who has ever served or is currently serving our country.