It was fun to find a nomination from Sarah over at ArtTherapyGirl for a blogging award. Its so nice to have someone think so much of my blog and postings. I will gladly accept the award and play along.
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers
- Thank and link to the nominating blog
- Answer their 10 questions and propose 10 new ones for your nominees
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them that they’ve been nominated
- Write a post containing the questions
- Include these rules in the post
1. Super hero power you wish you had? There are 2. The first is to be able to read people’s minds bc they tend to have a problem honesty. The second is to fly/teleport. Living in southern CA there is always so much traffic. It takes me an hour and a half just to drive the 23 miles from work to home.
2. Right handed, Left handed or both?
I am right-handed
3. Do you write letters (cards don’t count)? Rarely. The only person I write an actual letter to is the child I sponsor through Compassion International in Peru.
4. Blogging as a hobby or hoping to pursue something serious? It is just a hobby right now
5. Your most notable act of “paying it forward”?
I have no idea… I do not keep track. I try to think of others and do nice things when I can.
6. On your “before I die____” list?
I don’t have one of those lists. I would love to travel more and fly in a helicopter.
7. Red wine or white? My answer used to always be white. But since living out here, I have gone to several wineries and have been introduced to some good reds. So I guess it depends on the mood and the meal it’s going with.
8. Guilty pleasure? Chocolate and reality tv
9. Have you met anyone in person whom you initially met in the blogosphere?
No, but came close once.
10. Is spring or fall your season of change? I think both have significant meaning and impact. I’m always striving to better myself and look for ways to change and grow.
Now I nominate anyone reading this!
Today’s Prompt: Write about a loss: something (or someone) that was part of your life, and isn’t any more.
I am coming up on the 5 year anniversary of one of the biggest losses in my life; the death of my grandfather. I think about him all of the time and when April rolls around, I get more sentimental and teary-eyed. My grandfather was such a strong man, and growing up I thought he was invincible. But cancer has a way of making even the strongest man weak. I am truly thankful for the time that I did have this man in my life. I treasure all of the memories and the namesake that we have of our middle name. I am also thankful that his battle with cancer was extremely short. We got the diagnosis on 4/8 and then 11 days later, his journey here on earth ended, and he began his heavenly journey. I have hope knowing that I will see him again.
Today I would like to share a letter I wrote 5 years ago as I was sitting at the airport in NY on my way to see him in FL. The link to the letter is HERE.
Well yesterday I decided (finally) to take the plunge and commit myself to going back to school. But it’s not school in the sense that most of you are thinking. I will be going to photography school, in the evenings and weekends, around my regular work schedule. Classes start March 19th and the semester is through mid-June. I’m excited and nervous at the same time. My short term goal is just to further develop my photography skills and gain some knowledge about DSLR camera’s and ultimately purchase one. My longer term goal is to turn this hobby into a part-time, side business. While I would love for your support and encouragement on my new journey, I would REALLY love your HELP. First, any suggestions of what DSLR camera to get to start off with, would be appreciated. Second, I need to develop a name for my (eventual) photography business and would love any and all suggestions on what to call it. I would like to have some part of my name (Stacey Archer) incorporated somehow, but it’s not a necessity. Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments section. And if you have never seen my photography before, you can scroll through the blog, or you can go over the right side of the blog, find the words Mile Markers, and click on the link called Photography and the link called Weekly Photo Challenge, which will take you to all posts that I have tagged regarding my photography. Thanks again for any input you can offer.
It’s time for the next installment of 5QF, as hosted by FiveCrookedHalos. Feel free to comment with your answers or do your own blog post.
1. What do you do when you are really upset to calm yourself down? I think it depends on the situation and the how upset I am. If it’s nothing super serious, just talking it out with someone helps. But if it’s something more serious, or that I’m really upset about, I will cry, take a bath or go for a drive. Usually, some retail therapy involving a purchase of some new shoes, makeup or clothes does the trick.
2. Do you go all out for V-day or is it just another day? This year was the BEST V-day EVER! My man and I went out for a fancy date. We got all dressed up; he actually wore a tie, with his dress shirt, dress pants and sweater, while I donned my new shimmery gold, one shoulder dress and my awesome sparkly gold shoes (see the pic of the shoes here). But earlier in the day, he sent me a beautiful bouquet of red tulips to my work. Our dinner was amazing! The food was delicious and it was foods that I rarely ever get to have (I had the rack of lamb). When we got back to my place, he surprised me yet again with a red Coach cell phone holder/mini wristlet. He understands my love of Coach and also red being my favorite color. But all that aside, it was just great to be able to spend time with him, enjoying his company and knowing how thoughtful and caring he is. I got him gifts too, and tried to be as thoughtful and creative with them as he was.
3. Are you more or less productive when Hubs is away? I don’t have a Hubs. I think I am pretty productive most of the time.
4. What is your favorite time of day and why? Does bed-time count? I would say I’m at my best around lunchtime until about 3:00pm. I am NOT a morning person, and then around 3:00 I tend to hit my wall, and would love to just nap or relax to get a second wind.
5. What is your go to karaoke song? I don’t sing karaoke…ever…unless I’ve been drinking and I’m singing with multiple people..so then it would be whatever the group is singing. I think the last time I sang Karaoke was to the song Love Shack by the B52’s.
My blogging buddy Sandi, over at ahhsome.wordpress.com, had put together a great community of her favorite bloggers, where they all support each other by reading and commenting on each other’s posts, and really just network and encourage each other. We initially met in March of last year, I believe, as we were both doing the April A-Z Challenge (you should read all my A-Z challenge posts by clicking on the link under MILE MARKERS just over there on the right). It turned out that we also had other blogging buddies in common as well.
This week, Sandi has welcomed me and my blog into the Ahhsome Community. I got a great welcome mat, which I have placed on my right side bar, and you can click it to read the Ahhsome post she did about me. She also came up with a FABULOUSLY Ahhsome picture to represent my blog. She designed it herself, incorporating all of the things she has learned about me so far, such as my love for shoes, Coach purses, sports and photography. It is so cute I am posting here for you all to see:
I think she looks just like me….what do you think?
Thanks again Sandi for my official welcome into the Ahhsome Community AND for the great post you did. For those of you who want to read it (because I think you should) and to check out Sandi’s blog, click here.
As promised, here are pics of what I bought yesterday….it’s my 4th and 5th pair of shoes in the last 4 weeks….I AM ADDICTED….lol:
I can't wait to wear these with my new sparkly gold dress! yay for date night 😉
I love the leopard print on the inside...I have some cute tights and a black dress to wear these with 🙂