Right at the end of my pregnancy, I made an effort to get on Pinterest and find a bunch of freezer-to-crockpot recipes that I could prep then and freeze and then pull them out on days when I was too busy with the baby, or just didn’t feel like cooking. This was one of those recipes I found from meetpenny.com
Brown Sugar Pork Chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 family pack pork chops (or pork loin chops)
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 6 slices hickory-smoked bacon
- Pour oil in the crock pot and turn to coat the bottom. Place pork chops over oil.
- Mix together remaining ingredients, except for bacon, and pour over the pork chops.
- Top with bacon strips and cover with the lid. Cook 6 to 8 hours on low heat.
Both hubby and I loved this recipe and it was super easy to prepare ahead and then just throw in the crockpot. It made the house smell good as well. Try it and enjoy!