It’s time for the next installment of 5QF, as hosted by FiveCrookedHalos. Feel free to comment with your answers or do your own blog post.
1. What do you do when you are really upset to calm yourself down? I think it depends on the situation and the how upset I am. If it’s nothing super serious, just talking it out with someone helps. But if it’s something more serious, or that I’m really upset about, I will cry, take a bath or go for a drive. Usually, some retail therapy involving a purchase of some new shoes, makeup or clothes does the trick.
2. Do you go all out for V-day or is it just another day? This year was the BEST V-day EVER! My man and I went out for a fancy date. We got all dressed up; he actually wore a tie, with his dress shirt, dress pants and sweater, while I donned my new shimmery gold, one shoulder dress and my awesome sparkly gold shoes (see the pic of the shoes here). But earlier in the day, he sent me a beautiful bouquet of red tulips to my work. Our dinner was amazing! The food was delicious and it was foods that I rarely ever get to have (I had the rack of lamb). When we got back to my place, he surprised me yet again with a red Coach cell phone holder/mini wristlet. He understands my love of Coach and also red being my favorite color. But all that aside, it was just great to be able to spend time with him, enjoying his company and knowing how thoughtful and caring he is. I got him gifts too, and tried to be as thoughtful and creative with them as he was.
3. Are you more or less productive when Hubs is away? I don’t have a Hubs. I think I am pretty productive most of the time.
4. What is your favorite time of day and why? Does bed-time count? I would say I’m at my best around lunchtime until about 3:00pm. I am NOT a morning person, and then around 3:00 I tend to hit my wall, and would love to just nap or relax to get a second wind.
5. What is your go to karaoke song? I don’t sing karaoke…ever…unless I’ve been drinking and I’m singing with multiple people..so then it would be whatever the group is singing. I think the last time I sang Karaoke was to the song Love Shack by the B52′s.