It’s that time again, Five Question Friday!! It’s already the first Friday of August…this year is flying by. Here is my latest rendition of 5QF. As always, feel free to copy and paste the questions into your own blog post or answer them in my comments section below:
1. Do you have siblings and are you close with them? I have one sister, younger by 2 1/2 years. We were never really close growing up but now that she is older, we are working on it. It is hard because she has been living in England for 8-9 years now, and with me in California, we have an 8 hour time difference. We try to Skype video chat a few times per month. I will be seeing her in 62 days, when we meet up back home in NY for her wedding. Here is a picture of us from March 2007 when I visited her in London and we went to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum:
2. Would you rather be slightly UNDER weight or slightly OVER weight? Since I have been Over weight for a long time now, it would be nice to be slightly under weight for a change. I would love to not have to worry about what I eat or having to work out, just for a little while. While I do love some of my curves, I would miss them if I was underweight.
3. What’s your favorite State Fair food to splurge on? when I lived in NY and went to the NY state fair, I always got a wine slushie, a cigar, and either a pulled pork sandwich or chicken speedies….mmmm. Now that I’m exercising and dieting, I don’t think any fair food is good for me. But I might somehow try to justify some fried-dough this year 😉
4. What are your thoughts on your kid(s) going to school in a few weeks? I don’t have any kids so this doesn’t apply. I do however work with school-aged children, and so this is usually a busy time of year for me with all the back to school IEP meetings and services requested. My job is already busy/stressful enough currently, so I’m not looking forward to the extra paperwork and meetings. But I guess it is job security.
5. Pool or Ocean? Well, with watching shark week all week on TV, I am gonna say pool. I have never been a fan of the ocean to swim in. When I was younger, I got caught up in a riptide/current and needed to be rescued, and I have always had a fear that I would get bit by a shark or stung by jellyfish. I prefer to see what is in the water. However I love being at the beach, listening to the waves, relaxing on the sand, soaking up the sun, and going in the water up to my knees. While a pool is nice to swim in, it’s just not the same.