I got this creamy and lemony pasta dish from the Pampered Chef Main Dishes cookbook.
1 ¼ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 ½ tbsp Lemon Pepper rub/seasoning
3 cans (14.5oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
½ medium onion
12 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
2 ox cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
¼ cup (50ml) capers, drained and rinsed
Chopped fresh parsley and grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut chicken into 1-in. pieces. Place into a mixing bowl along with 1 tbsp of oil and the rub/season, and toss to coat. Heat remaining oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet and cook until it is golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Pour broth into a sauce pan and heat until it comes to a boil.
- Chop onion into small pieces and add to skillet, cooking 20-25 seconds until it is fragrant.
- Carefully add the broth and pasta to the skillet; cook uncovered 7-8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Zest lemon to measure 1 tbsp. Juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp (30ml). Add zest, juice and cream cheese to skillet and stir until the cream cheese is fully incorporated.
- Add chicken and artichokes to skillet. Cook, covered, 1-2 minutes until heated through.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese if desired.