For all of my blog buddies, I’m sorry that there will be no Sunday Summary this week. I have been sick for the last week with a major sinus infection and haven’t had much energy to do much, let alone create a long blog post. But I have been reading your postings and trying to like and comment when I can.
I did come across this post from ClassyRose, Random Acts of Kindness Week, for February 14th through 20th.
Here is an excerpt from her post:
Yesterday I said I had something special planned for the coming week and I got the idea from Random Acts of Kindness Week.
While some of us have received a bump in our stats there are still other new bloggers out there who have yet to see it. Comments I’ve read in the daily posts suggest they don’t know how to get new readers to their blogs.
I’m encouraging bloggers in the WordPress Challenge to commit to reading at least 2 new blog posts everyday at a blog they have never visited before.
Anyone wanting to participate in this challenge will tag their posts with RandomBlog2011. You will be able to find blogs taking part in the RandomBlog2011 Challenge using this tag the same way you are currently reading the PostADay2011 and PostAWeek2011 blogs.
I will be adding comments to the Daily Post inviting anyone who wants to participate to tag their posts RandomBlog2011. Each participant is asked to read and comment on 2 random blogs every day for the week.
I have no idea how many will decide to take part in the challenge but I’ve had this on my mind since I noticed the special week for Random Acts of Kindness and I just had to give it a try.
How many random blogs will you read this week?
1. Read a minimum of 2 new blog posts every day from any of the tags on WordPress.com at a blog you have never visited before.
2. Look outside of your comfort zone and read something totally different from what you normally would. Expand your horizon.
3. Go “Tag Surfing” on the Hot Topics page.
4. Follow a “comment trail” – start with a comment on a friend’s blog from someone you’ve never met and see how far it takes you.
5. Try and find new bloggers looking for readers and leave a “like” and a “comment”. Ask them to join in the fun and check out the RandomBlog2011 Challenge.
6. Tag your own posts with RandomBlog2011.
7. Feel free to tag a post or two from the past week with RandomBlog2011.
8. Tag an older post or a favourite that didn’t get the attention it deserved.
9. Visit the Daily Post and read through the comments and see if you can find someone looking for readers. If they’re posting a link they want to be read.
10. You can visit any new blog you want but I encourage you to visit and comment on the blogs that recently joined the WordPress PostADay2001 or PostAWeek 2011 Challenge.
Here is a follow up post Rose wrote for more information.