I got this recipe from a friend and decided to give it a try today. It was sooooo good.
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken with Creamy Tomato Risotto
¾ cup plain dry bread crumbs
½ cup Parmesean cheese, grated
½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 can condensed tomato soup
1 ¼ cups 2% milk
1 medium zucchini
½ medium onion
2 garlic cloves, pressed
¾ tsp salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 cups uncooked instant white rice (I used brown)
2 oz cream cheese, softened
1. Beat eggs in one bowl. Combine bread crumbs, ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, and black pepper in another bowl. Dip chicken into eggs, then into bread crumb mix. Sprinkle chicken with any remaining bread crumb mix.
2. Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat for 1-3 minutes. Add chicken; cook 3-5 minutes on each side until browned.
3. Drain liquid from diced tomatoes into a measuring cup. Add enough water to liquid to make 1 cup. Pour into large mixing bowl. Add tomatoes, soup, and milk to mixing bowl and mix well.
4. Slice zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into ¼ inch slices. Chop onion into small pieces.
5. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm. Combine zucchini, onion, garlic, salt and pepper flakes in the skillet. Cook and stir 1-3 minutes until fragrant. Add rice and tomato mixture to skillet and bring to simmer; cook 3 minutes.
6. Cover skillet and remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
7. Add cream cheese and remaining ¼ cup Parmesan cheese; stir until incorporated.
8. Top with chicken and enjoy 🙂
Yield: 6 servings